Alright! And I made a quick and simple cake for my best friend’s birthday, which is totally perfect for a chocolate lover like her. We decorated a corner of the house a little and made it like a christmas celebration and she really bought the idea that the cake were in replacement of the christmas log cake.
The party was a small and cosy one. And I’m glad that she’s surprised. Boyf helped us so much by making a whole lot of yummy food! Everyone lovesssss his salad, it’s so so so good!
Okay, salad is not the where we want to go today.
Back to our chocolate cake.
For all the chocolate lovers out there, make this gluten-free cake!
Flourless Chocolate Cake (8 inch)
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 200g butter
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 190° C. Butter and dust the cake pan with flour.
- Melt butter and chocolate over a double boiler. Make sure that water is simmering (not boiling).
- Combine the yolks and ⅓ cup sugar until pale and thick.
- Beat whites until it reaches soft peak, then add the remaining ⅓ cup sugar to the whites and continue beating till stiff peak.
- Stir a spoonful of whites into the chocolate mixture. Pour the chocolate mix over the whites and fold gently until just combine.
- Pour batter to the pan and bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Run a knife at the side and remove the cake. Serve it with ice cream or just on its own!
You must use 70% dark chocolate or the batter will be too sweet.
Hurry! Make your chocolate cake now! :D