December is always the best month! And we’re one week away from the holly jolly christmas.
It’s truly a month of giving and sharing, I got my mum a pot of pink/purple flowers, and she was really really happy. I can tell! Since it’s a festive season and the last month of the year, there’s lots of sales going on that I got boyf a pair of slippers to replace his broken one! It feels really good to be a little santarina now. Can’t wait for boyf to receive his next few gifts which he is totally unaware. Got one of them mailed, and I’ll pass him the last one personally. Hohoho.
And today, I’m going to share with you my favorite cookie recipe! Are you excited? :D Heh.
It’s my favorite, Earl Grey Cookies by Martha Stewart. You can get the recipe from her site (here), or if this is convenient, you can refer to the recipe below! :D
Earl Grey Cookies by Martha Stewart
- 2 cups plain flour
- 8 bags earl grey tea leaves (grind till it resembles fine powder)
- ½ tsp salt
- 227g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest (I used lemon)
- Whisk flour, tea, salt together and set aside.
- Put butter, sugar, and zest in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low; slowly mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide dough in half. Transfer each half to a piece of parchment paper; shape into logs. Roll in parchment to 1¼ inches in diameter, pressing a ruler along edge of parchment at each turn to narrow log and force out air. Transfer in parchment to paper-towel tubes; freeze 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Cut logs into ¼-inch-thick slices. Space 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges turn golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
If you haven’t tried baking these, you gotta do it now. If there’s someone on earth that is hard to please with food, that would be boyf (okay, his mum and aunt who has a great sense of tasting comes before him actually) . Ever since he got into his culinary management class, he knows even more about food now. Guess what? He lovedddd the cookies! So what are you waiting for? ;)