If you omit the lemon in this recipe, it will give you the most basic butter cookies. My mommy love these cookies so much and told me to make some for Chinese New Year! Thinking about it, and few weeks after Chinese New Year, I’ll be leaving for my exchange. I’m already missing everyone here in Singapore! My mom, my brother, my grandfather, my boyfriend and my awesomest friends. Oh well, back to topic, here’s the recipe!
Lemony Butter Cookies
- 12 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup corn starch
- Preheat oven to 160˚C. Line baking sheets.
- Cream butter, sugar, lemon zest until smooth. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In small bowl, combine salt, flour and cornstarch. On slow speed, add wet ingredients and mix well. Scrape if necessary. Do not overmix!
- Place dough into piping bag and pipe 1-inch rosette.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
This is a relatively easy recipe to follow and it comes with great taste.
Hope you’ll like it :D