Hello there! If you are a fan of cheese, you gotta try this! My friends loved its rustic appearance. Well, you can fit it into a tart case, I chose to fit it into a disposable tart case and pinch the sides of the crust to make it look rustic. Whichever way you choose to mould the crust, it is going to taste great! My friends just couldn’t put a stop to the cheese tart.
Rustic Cheese Tart
- 380g plain flour
- 125g icing sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 10g cocoa powder (optional)
- 500g cream cheese (soften)
- 120g unsalted butter (soften)
- 120g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- juice of 1 lemon
- Mix butter and icing sugar. Beat until soft.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- Beat flour and cocoa powder until well blended. Dough will be ready soon!
- Press dough into tart moulds, poke holes on the bast of tart.
- Half bake the tart crust for 10 minutes at 200˚C.
- Combine icing sugar, butter and cream cheese and beat until soften.
- Mix in eggs and lemon juice till well combined. Once ready, put the cream cheese mix into the piping bag and pipe them into the half baked tart crust.
- Finally, bake the tart crust and the cream cheese filling for 5 minutes at 220˚C.
I’ve topped mine with blueberry compote, you can also do it with kiwi slices. However do bear in mind to only top the kiwi slices when the cheese tarts are completely cool, otherwise your kiwi slices are going to turn yellow.
Hope you’ll have fun! :)